What You Can Expect From Us:
- Courtesy, respect, privacy and confidentiality.
- Quality medical care, health checks, promotion of healthy lifestyles and illness prevention advice.
- Explanation and information about your illness, treatment and our services.
- Referral to a specialist for an opinion when appropriate.
- Surgery appointments to be available within 48 hours with a Doctor or Nurse.
- We shall do our best to see you on time and would not expect you to wait over 30 minutes.
- Prompt investigation of any complaints about the service. We try our best – sometimes things go wrong. We shall answer complaints following the NHS complaints procedure.
- Access to your medical records subject to the legal requirements.
- Named GP: From the 1st of April 2015, the practice is required under the terms of the latest GP contract to allocate all patients a named accountable GP. This GP has responsibility for the co-ordination of all appropriate services required under the contract and ensure they are delivered to each of their patients where required, based on the GP’s clinical judgement. This does not mean that you will only see your named GP, you will continue to be able to see any member of the clinical team and your care will still be provided by the most appropriate member of the clinical team at Lawton House Surgery. If you wish to be told the name of your accountable GP, please ask the receptionists when you are next in the surgery. Please inform us if you wish to change your accountable GP
What We Ask of You:
- Treat us with the same courtesy and respect as you expect from us.
- Do not use the out of hours service as an extension of surgery hours. It is for emergencies only.
- Only request a home visit if you are too ill to come to the surgery. Try to phone in the request before 10.30 am if possible.
- Allow three full working days (72 hours) before collecting repeat prescriptions. If you require your prescription sooner please hand your request to a member of reception staff rather than putting it in the box on the reception desk.
- If you cannot keep an appointment, please let the surgery know in good time. We may be able to offer it to someone else whose need is urgent.
- Tell us if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Please be patient if we are very busy or running late.